This is Vesuvius
Vesuvius is a global leader in metal flow engineering, providing a full range of engineering services and solutions to its customers worldwide, principally serving the steel and foundry industries.
Vesuvius consists of three main divisions: Flow Control, Advanced Refractories and Foundry.
It employs 11,000 employees in 40 countries worldwide.
With approximately 700 employees Borken is one of the largest Vesuvius sites in the world.
Borken, Mülheim and Großalmerode are the three Vesuvius production sites located in Germany.
As part of the company strategy, a significant focus has been made on accelerating automation and digitalization of our plants worldwide to increase productivity, safety and quality within Manufacturing.
Responsibilities and job description
- Create an environment for successful implementation of Lean
- Create a Lean deployment plan for the plant taking into consideration the site strategy in close alignment with the Operations Manager and monitor its implementation regarding time and sustainable effects
- Deploy the appropriate Safety / People / Quality / Delivery / Cost management routines and metrics
- Support the implementation of KPI’s
- Drive and facilitate the implementation of a Lean culture
- Act as a change agent (leader) to instill a Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement culture
- Communicate, sustain and facilitate the implementation of Lean thinking and principles
- Train and develop managers, employees and improvement teams when applying Lean tools and methods
- Implement critical and complex improvement activities
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead workshops and projects resulting in tangible key performance indicator improvement
- Contribute to the internal and group-wide Lean network development
- Build strong and positive working relationships with all areas of the company
- Share best practices and experiences
- Develop and share Lean and Excellence training material
This is what you bring
- Bachelor/ Master’s degree (Chemie, Verfahrenstechnik, Maschinenbau, Metallurgie)
- Black Belt and Green-Belt certificate
- Knowledge of Lean tools
- Knowledge in at least one problem solving methodology
- Power Point, Excel / Minitab
- Fluent in German and English
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking, Ability to bear responsibility and make decisions
- Ability to coach, mentor and energize teams and supervisors
- Continuous learning willingness
- Clear practical and hands-on orientation
- Inspire/Motivate employees for Lean thinking
- Lean results driver
- Enthusiastic motivator, Communication skills, Conflict mitigation
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and stress resistance
This is what we offer
Vesuvius offers a people and process oriented working envi¬ronment in which continuous improvement has a central position. We actively invest in our human capital and leverage our collective capabilities in serving customers on a global scale.